Wednesday 20 February 2013

My 2012 Wakestock Experience!

Aloha!
This is going to be about my wakestock experience!  For those of you who don't know, Wakestock is a music festival in Cardigan Bay, North Wales which is usually held around the 6th, 7th and 8th July! Although this year it's being held a week or so later.
Tickets are going on sale again, so I thought it was about time I did a review-type-thing of what my experience of it was last year!
In the schools around my area, its kind of a tradition to go the Summer you have left school. 

There was only around 7 of us in our little group going, but we knew loads of other people from other groups going too.  
So obviously, I will start from the beginning! 
The first night, well, it was interesting. Interesting to say the least. Alot of weird things happened, which I won't go into now, because I don't want to bore you, but it wasn't the best night!
  Then at around 5am was awakened by Azalea being sick in my handbag because she drank too much.  So that was nice and as I'm sure you can imagine, I was really impressed with her.

Unfortunately for us, mother nature decided she wasn't going to play ball, so it rained, alot. 
Infact, it rained this much:

Now, I'm sure you can imagine how this much rain, a very large field and lots of tents wouldn't mix together very well.  I don't even want to remember that morning waking up and hearing Bebee say "Have I pissed myself, or has the tent flooded?" Whatever the answer to that question was, it wasn't going to be very nice, was it!
Anyway, after much debate we decided to abandon our tents, drag our ridiculously over-packed, ten tonne bags through miles of shin-deep mud to our dear old Olivia's caravan a few fields away. Here is that morning in pictures:


Me and Azalea for some unbeknownst reason decided to swap coats, it was absolutely freezing cold and pouring with rain, we just tried to grab as much stuff as we could and get to the caravan. 

This was the day after when we went back to see our tent, this is how we found it... and yes, that is mud on the INSIDE. You get the picture now ahaha
This was the mud! So horrible! 
This is Olivia, Azalea and me, just as we got in the caravan, we were all absolutely soaking, look at the drops of water on the lens, just shows how wet it was!  The journey from the wakestock campsite to Olivia's Campsite was awfull! The mud was so deep and we had so much stuff to carry through it!  Honestly one of the worst experiences ever and I will never forget it!
This was me trying to get some organisation going on, that jumper (and all the rest of my clothes) were completely wet through and covered in mud.  We ended up spending £25.00 between us getting all our things washed and dried so we had stuff to wear!
*****
So after we sorted ourselves following the major drama of that morning, we had showers and everything and got ready for the evening!
Bebee and me, getting ready to leave the caravan 
This one of my favourite pictures ever! Olivia, me, Azalea and Bebee!
Think its the only one of all 4 of us together!
*****
I'm not really going into detail about the music, because to be honest the music last year just wasn't that good! "But it's a music festival!" I hear you say.  I know, I know, but we obviously knew the line up before we bought tickets etc, and we just wanted to go for the experience. 
Here is a picture of inside the tent when Rizzle Kicks were playing.
 Can't see much but you get the general idea: Horrible, sweaty, drunk people, pushing and shoving, and alot of noise!
This was the same night and was the main group we went with.  Although it was just me, Bebee, Azalea and Olivia who stayed in the caravan, the others tent luckily survived!
In the day time all we did was stay in and take all day getting ready for the night.  At the time we thought it was fine but now we all regret not making the most of the day time! We really missed out!
This was the last night, after Olivia went home, we were back in a tent (A different one!) We didn't have any sleeping bags because the ones we brought got ruined in tent No.1 so we were going to have to do with just 2 thin blankets.  It was freezing cold and Bebee was poorly and kept being sick (Most notably on my hand and in my hair - NICE) and it was all just abit of a nightmare.  So me and Azalea rang my dad pretending to cry, and he and my mum drove all the way from Manchester to Wales to pick us up and take us all back home. What are parents for ey!? 
Overall my Wakestock experience was very mixed!  At the time it wasn't so fun, if it hadn't of rained I know I we would have had a miles better time! When I got back home I actually really did miss it, and we made some amazing memories that I will never forget!  
There are definitely some tips I will give you in a seperate post about festivals and what I would have done differently!
This year we aren't going back to Wakestock, 1) because we've already done it and had the experience. 2) Because they lowered the age limit to just 12 which is a little weird! and 3) Because we're planning on going to other festivals!
My Festival Tips post will be up closer to festival season so it's more relevant to the time, but I hope this helped if you are thinking of buying Wakestock/any other festival tickets this year! 
All my love!

No comments:

Post a Comment